While co-writing a sci-fi story with GPT-3, it came up with something called “Muppet Pox.” That seemed like an interesting jumping off point, so I scrapped the story, and used just “Muppet Pox” as starter text. GPT-3 generated a board game, and the description is very structured. It generated its own sections, and later on the description calls back later to the fact there are two ways to play the game. The rules get pretty confusing!
At the end it decided the whole thing was a Kickstarter,
Muppet Pox: The Game
Muppet Pox: The Game is a traditional party game that can be played in two ways:
1) A 2–4 player game that lasts approximately 20 minutes.
2) A 4–8 player game that lasts approximately 45 minutes.
All you need to play is the game and at least one finger (your own or a friend’s).
HOW TO PLAY:
GAME MODE #1:
To start, players take turns placing their finger in the game box. When it’s your turn, you flip the game box around and press your finger down on the game board. If your finger lands on a picture of a muppet, you’ll have to perform the corresponding muppet dance (which is easy to learn). Each player will have their own muppet dance, which will be revealed at the beginning of the game. If you’re the only one who can do your muppet dance, you get to steal one of your opponent’s marbles.
Once everyone has had a turn, the player with the most marbles wins!
GAME MODE #2:
The same game is played as described above, except with a few changes:
1) At the beginning of the game, each player will be given one of two voting tokens, either a white hat or a black hat. The player with the most white hats will be the first judge.
2) At the beginning of each round, all players will draw a marble. The player with the most marbles goes first. The player with the second most marbles goes second, and so on.
3) Players who land on muppets during the game will have to perform their corresponding muppet dance. The judge will decide if the dance was done well enough to get a point. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!
4x Muppet board game boxes
1x Muppet game board
24x Muppet cards
1x Instruction booklet
COLLECT THEM ALL:
All three designs are Kickstarter exclusives, and will not be printed again!
The funds from this Kickstarter will be used to produce the muppet board game boxes and cover the cost of shipping.
All backers who receive a copy of the game will also be included in the special thank you section of the instruction booklet.
Muppet Pox: The Game is also a great gift for muppet fans!